Saturday, June 22, 2013



Today we woke up at 7:45 got ready and had breakfast. We all gathered around our usual spot and left at 9:00 to go to Patacancha. In Patacancha we visited a community where most of the women work in a weaving business. We saw them doing their weaving in all different kinds of ways. It was really cool to watch. Later we were welcomed to buy some products (scarves, wallets, bags, bracelets, etc.) that the women had made themselves. I got a couple of things for myself and for my family. At around 12:15 we got back on the bus and went back to our homestay families and had lunch. For lunch we had a really good soup with rice, chicken, and potatoes in it. After lunch we had a little break time for about an hour and we all mostly rested. After our rest everybody went to work on the wall and we are now almost finished. After some time working on the retaining wall, we are going to a going-away party because this is the last night we are spending with our homestay families. The homestay moms are putting it together and I think it is going to be very enjoyable and memorable.
I just wanted to let my family know that I am feeling better, but my ear still hurts a little bit, but I am getting through it. Lots of love to my mom, my dad, my two sisters, my aunt, and my two dogs!
Ava Harrison













0 comments:

Post a Comment